Pros And Cons of WordPress Plugins
Website development was always a big task and required a lot of technical knowledge. But with time, things got easy for this generation. One of the coolest technologies that made website creation a piece of cake is WordPress. It is an open source and free software that allows developing websites without coding. It is the best method for a Content Management System because it allows easy creation, modification and management of website content. But, with websites it’s a lot more than just adding content. You might want to add some contact forms or unique buttons while making a website with WordPress, this will require you to add some piece of code. Don’t worry, because those pieces of codes are predefined by the developers. You just need to install the relevant plugins as per the need and your work is done. But, as we know everything around us has some pros and cons and so with the usage of plugins. Plugins make our work easy but still there are some cons. Let’s have a look into what exactly are WordPress plugins followed by the pros and cons of them-
Plugins are a piece of code or softwares that is added on WordPress website and provides some functionality to it. They help to add new features in a particular section. All this is possible without writing any line of code. Plugins in WordPress are written in the PHP programming language and are integrated accordingly. They work like helping hands for your website. Having the knowledge of using the right plugins can become very beneficial for your website’s quality and performance.
Let’s have a look at the top most used and famous with WordPress plugins that are installed very frequently -
- Yoast SEO
- Contact Form 7
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- All in one SEO pack
- WP Forms
- WordFence Security
Now, it’s important to know what advantages and disadvantages WordPress plugin can add to us -
Pros of WordPress Plugins
- Makes your website look good and provides smooth functionality.
- There is a vast pool of plugins for everything which is required to be added. So, if you find that something has to be created, it is obviously having a plugin.
- Most of the plugins are free of cost however some are inexpensive.
- Plugins which are good and useful, have lots of options and features to add productivity.
- The plugins which are well maintained, make it easy when any sort of update arises.
Cons of WordPress Plugins
- Not all of the plugins you install are created equally. It is not mandatory that plugins work according to the expectation. This totally depends on how you install and use them.
- Sometimes using more plugins can create plugin conflicts which over-write them on each other. This is a major disadvantage of using plugins.
- You may end up with a scenario where you have to pay more for a plugin. This happens when a developer tries to maintain the quality of the website and use some advancements.
- Adding so many plugins can reduce site speed and performance.
Choosing which plugin should be added as per the requirement and proper technique is very important. These were few of the Pros and Cons of using WordPress plugins. It all depends how efficiently you use plugins to add creativity and value to your website.